Sunday, September 20, 2009

Something to Consider About Obama’s Scrapping of the European Missile Defense System

I have a book by Roger K. Young of Idaho called “As A Thief In The Night”, in which he discusses the prophecies of the last days.

I realize that this book is not written by a general authority of the church. Much of the contents are Brother Young’s own speculations. Some of the proposed dates have come and gone. Nevertheless, one page of the book glares out at me in light of what is happening in the world today.

On page 56, he cites a vision received by President George Albert Smith, as he described it to the family of Lyman Merrill Horne in about 1946. This citation was given to Brother Young by David Hughes Horne in 1989. I quote:

“I have had a troublesome vision of another great and terrible war that made the war just ended (World War II) look like a training exercise, and people died like flies. It began at a time when the Soviet Union’s military might dwarfed that of the United States, and we, that is the United States, would have missiles that carried an atomic bomb in Europe. I saw the United States withdraw its missiles to appease the Soviet Union, and then the war began.”

“He also said that we would have big missiles in deep holes he described like grain silos which the Soviets would try to destroy by their own missiles. They would hit military installations and certain cities also….”

“Then he said, “The aftermath was dreadful. Think of the worst, most difficult times of the depression.” He turned to us children and said, “You won’t remember the depression,” which was true. He repeated to our parents, “Think of the worst condition of the depression. Can you think of something?” To which our father answered, “Oh yes!” The President Smith continued, “You know how Sunday School picnics are complete with salad, chicken, root beer, and dessert, and everyone has a wonderful time. That worst time of the depression will seem like a Sunday School picnic when compared with how conditions will be after that great war.”

The book also gives clues about the possible day of the attack and where it will begin. He also said that President Smith stated that the saints would have places of refuge for the protection of the righteous.

Now let’s take a step back and look at what has transpired this week. Obama has decided to withdraw our missile defense system from eastern Europe. Russian leadership hails the move as brave and progressive. Yet we also know that Russia has been showing signs of the old-school Soviet hardline attitude, and that they have been trying to restore much of the Soviet Union’s old military might. I don’t think this is a coincidence.

I am not saying that I believe everything I read in the book. I try to follow the Spirit as to what is true. But I have to tell you that I have a bad feeling about this. I am fairly well prepared, so I don’t fear. I have what I need to support my family for considerably more than a year if necessary.

My purpose in writing this it to remind all of us not to ‘fall asleep’ and think that all is well around us. It isn’t.

2 comments:

Jeannetta said...

It IS coming.

Mach Momma said...

I bought that book years ago. I'm getting it out and brush up on it.
I have to share this with you, it's kind of personal, but I feel a kinship here. I'm sure you may have read my "tree" post which is really about a propane generator. Well, last night I prayed that I would know what to do, it's really bothering me.
The electrician called me before noon today and asked if I was ready ....
I haven't talked to him in weeks.I just love it when the Lord answers prayers!!